Michele Simionato <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> I have noticed that the python-mode for Emacs that comes with the
> latest Ubuntu is missing the class browser. Moreover if works
> differently from the python-mode I was used to (for instance CTRL-c-c
> works as CTRL-c-! whereas CTRL-c-! is missing, etc). How can I go back
> to the old python-mode
> or at least how do I get back the class browser?

There are two different and independently developedpython-modes. The
politically correct one that comes with emacs (IIRC python.el) that had pretty
limited functionality last time I looked, and the original but not FSF blessed
python-mode.el (http://sourceforge.net/projects/python-mode/), which should
come with install instructions. If you use ipython you might additionally
want to install ipython.el, which comes with the ipython tar ball.

cheers

'as