Hussein B wrote:

Is the standard library of Python is compiled (you know, the pyc
thing)?
Is it allowed to edit the source code of the standard library?
I'm not talking about submitting the modified code to Python source
code repository, I'm just asking if some one can edit the source code
in his own machine.

Python ships with the library sources, and you can of course edit them in exactly the same way as you'll edit any other Python file. modules in the standard library are no different from your own modules in that respect.

whether it's a good idea to edit them (unless you're trying to track down bugs or provide patches to the maintainers) is a different issue.

</F>