Mohamed Yousef wrote:

why am i doing this in the first place
I'm in the process of a medium project where imports of modules start
to make a jungle and i wanted all needed imports to be in a single
file (namely __init__.py)
and then all imports are made once and other modules feel it

Python doesn't use a global namespace -- importing a given module into one module doesn't make it visible everywhere else (and trust me, this is a very good thing).

(it uses a global module cache, though, so it's only the first import that actually loads the module)

> my goal is basically making W() aware of the re module when called
> from A

to do that, add "import re" to the top of the C module.

see this page for a little more on Python's import mechanism:

    http://effbot.org/zone/import-confusion.htm

</F>