Joal Heagney wrote:

Duncan Booth wrote:

Joal Heagney wrote:

Nice. I still have to download a version of pygame to try this out, but the fact that you can't hide the turtle in python.turtle was bugging me out with my version. (A fair bit of copy/paste in gimp, I can tell you!)

What was wrong with hiding the turtle? 'turtle.tracer(False)' usually does it nicely and speeds things up a lot.

Ahhah! Thanks for that.

I also noticed that I got severe speed hits if the Xwindows mouse was over the turtle tk window while the program was running.

BTW. How do I move the turtle to a new location without drawing anything?

Joal

Whoop. That WAS a speedup!!! :)

Joal

Now, is there a way to embed the turtle window into a scrollable canvas, preferably with arbitrary runtime size?

Joal