Ville Vainio wrote:
The issue that really bothers me here is bloating the builtin
space. We already have an uncomfortable amount of builtin
functions. Of course the additions that have been suggested would not
pollute the builtin namespace, but they would still be there, taking
space. I'd rather see a more modular and 'slimmer' Python, what with
the advent of Python for S60 and other embedded uses.

Certainly a valid point. How would you feel about adding just a select few itertools functions, perhaps just islice, chain and tee? These functions provide the operations that exist for lists but don't, by default, exist for iterators: slicing, concatenation and copying.

STeVe