Steven D'Aprano <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> On Thu, 04 Sep 2008 01:22:22 +0100, Alexander Schmolck wrote:
>
>> It seems to me that the right choice for thousands seperator is the
>> apostrophe.
>
> You mean the character already used as a string delimiter?

Yup. No ambiguity or problem here; indeed unlike space seperation or '_' it
would work straighforwardly as a syntax extension in pretty much any
programming language I can think as well as end-user output (I think that
writing e.g. 1'000'000 on a website would be perfectly acceptable; unlike
1_000_000).

'as