Vikram wrote:
I can't use 'break' or 'continue' in a class method, nor can I return a
boolean value from __init__() to check for errors within the for-loop.
How would I be able to stop the current iteration and continue with the
next after reporting an error?

maybe i don't fully understand your qn but why don't you let __init__ of
your class raise an exception and then catch it in the outer for loop and
continue. something like:

for i in ...
  try:
    foo()
  except:
except (ValueError, TypeError), error:
continue

Use something like the above, (always expect certain kinds of errors) lest you accidentally capture an real attempt to stop the program such as the exception a Control-C causes.

-Scott David Daniels
[EMAIL PROTECTED]