Dennis Lee Bieber wrote:
On Mon, 13 Oct 2008 19:07:06 -0700, "W. eWatson"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> declaimed the following in comp.lang.python:

I had just finished working with IDLE, and tried to double-click on a py file. It produced an OK dialog with the path to the file and the msg "access denied." All my py files act that way. I rebooted and the same thing continues. I copied one py program to another computer, and accessed it there. Python 2.4. Suggestions?

        Off-hand, I'd suspect some of your mistakes in trying to get a
console to run Python programs has left the association between .py and
the Python interpreter in a mess.

ftype python.file

exactly -- nothing else, and see what it displays. If it looks anything
other than (change the E: to whatever your installation uses)

C:\Documents and Settings\Dennis Lee Bieber>ftype python.file
python.file="E:\Python24\python.exe" "%1" %*

then you'll need to change it... (again ensure the path is correct)

ftype python.file="E:\Python24\python.exe" "%1" %*

        The other place to explore would be from a directory window:
Tools/Folder Options/File Types

Find PY, click [advanced], select open, click [edit]

        In the "Application used..." box, you should see (again, adjust for
your path)

"E:\Python24\python.exe" "%1" %* [x] use DDE
Application: Python
Topic: System

(Hmmm, I don't recall if DDE is really applicable, but that's what mine
shows).

Thanks, again, but this one mysteriously disappeared. I managed to open my py file into IDLE and saved it to see if that would work. It did and all is well.

--
                               W. eWatson

                    Web Page: <www.speckledwithstars.net/>