Terry Reedy wrote:
Steve Holden wrote:
W. eWatson wrote:
I suspect something has been corrupted in Python 2.4. Can I just
re-install on top of it, and still expect to have scipy and other pkgs
I've installed?

On Windows, certainly - you can even uninstall and reinstall and retain
your installed libraries. On Linux I am pretty sure the same is true,
but caveat emptor.

In Windows, at least, micro version upgrades are handled exactly this way. When 2.5.3 comes out, for instance, the installer will replace python files as needed in the current directories but leave Python25/Lib/Site-Packages and any user-added directories alone.

That's good news. I was worried about libraries I had set up.

--
                               W. eWatson

                    Web Page: <www.speckledwithstars.net/>