mathieu wrote:
...Is there some documentation (that I missed in my previous google
search) that describe how to prepare python module that can be
redistributed with some kind of backward compatibility (= so that when
prepared on python 2.4, it works on 2.5/2.6 at least) ?

Nope, you didn't miss it.  Each major version change (2.3.X -> 2.4.X,
2.4.X -> 2.5.X, ...) changes the Python VM and internals.  There is no
way below Python source (.pyc, .pyo, or .pyd) to stay compatible.  That
is why Python projects offer code in Python version-specific packages.

--Scott David Daniels
[EMAIL PROTECTED]