[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
It's possible in linux and with subprocess?

AFAIK, there is no easy way to do this. If the parent python process is doing a controlled exit, just kill the child via close() on
Popen() handle.

Like I do ;)

If the parent is doing a uncontrolled exit (say via a SIGKILL signal), you can't really do anything.

The only thing that I thought it's to use an external resource, like a
.pid file where I save the child pid(s) and, on the next parent startup
control the file and kill the process, if any

To reliably have the child exit when the parent exits, you would have
to poll for the parent from the child and do a exit when the child detects that the parent has gone away.

Like said, I haven't the control of the sources, so I can't.

Thanks,
Michele