David Pratt wrote:
Hi Mike. Many thanks for your reply and thank you for reference. I have code that looks like the following so initially looking at what will need to be done as it doesn't appear new will survive. So first need to find way of translating this sort of thing using types. I see there is a ClassType for types in Python 2.6 but it does not exist in Python 3 so wonder where this is going? Is this an oversight or maybe just not ready yet.

ClassType is the type of old style classes. Since old style classes were removed the ClassType is also gone.

You can create new style classes with type:

>>> Name = type("Name", (object,), dict(spam="egg"))
>>> Name
<class '__main__.Name'>
>>> Name.spam
'egg'