En Tue, 09 Dec 2008 11:32:46 -0200, Juan Pablo Romero Méndez <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> escribió:

I need to compile python myself because of a module (pivy). So I
downloaded MS Visual C++ 2008 express edition. It apparently compiled
fine but I don't know how to install it to recreate the standard
distribution. In linux i'd take "make install", but on windows?

See Tools/msi/README.txt
BTW, do you really have to recompile Python? Unless the project requires some specific compiler flags incompatible with the standard build, usually there is no need to recompile Python just because of an extension.

--
Gabriel Genellina