En Sat, 13 Dec 2008 13:03:17 -0200, Emanuele D'Arrigo <man...@gmail.com> escribió:
On Dec 12, 9:04 pm, "Gabriel Genellina" <gagsl-...@yahoo.com.ar>
wrote:
If you're using 2.5 or older, override serve_forever:

     def serve_forever(self):
         while not getattr(self, 'quit', False):
             self.handle_request()

and set the server 'quit' attribute to True in response to some command
 from the client.

Ok, I've tried this method and it would work if I wanted to shut down
the server from the remote client. But if I want the server to shut
down from the server itself upon some condition it doesn't work
because the while statement is evaluated again only after there has
been a request. If requests are infrequent or have ceased the

Yes, this is the problem with this simple approach, handle_request is blocking. Python 2.6 has great improvements on this situation.

The problem was that in my code I used:

asyncServer.daemon = True

but somehow that doesn't work. I then tried:

asyncServer.setDaemon(True)

and that does work:

daemon became a property in Python 2.6; setDaemon was the only way to set it in previous versions.

Thanks for your help!

Thanks for sharing your code!

--
Gabriel Genellina