On Dec 22, 2008, at 1:52 AM, Tino Wildenhain wrote:

Philip Semanchuk wrote:
I prefer Mako over the other template languages I've seen.

From what I can tell Mako is nearly identical to all other
template languages you might have seen (e.g. PHP style
tags). Thats why I personally would not consider it. Its just
much of a hassle to mix code and design this way.

I prefer TAL (template attribute language, ZPT) [1]
much over the other attempts I've seen ( and I've seen a lot)

That's an excellent example of how Python can accommodate different tastes. =) I can't stand TAL; I find it awkward and unPythonic. Your comment makes sense, though. Mako and TAL have very different design philosophies, and if you really like one, you're probably going to find the other strange at best.

Cheers
Philip