Russ P. a écrit :
On Jan 17, 11:49 am, Bruno Desthuilliers
<bdesth.quelquech...@free.quelquepart.fr> wrote:

Please educate yourself and learn about why Ariane 5 crashed on it's
first flight, due to an error in a module written in ADA (which is such
a psychorigid language that C++ and Java are even looser than Javascript
in comparison). Perhaps will it light a bulb for you.

The claim here regarding the Ariane 5 failure is one of those urban
myths that refuses to die.

You failed the test. Sorry.

It has been refuted over and over

What has been refuted exactly ?

(including on this thread already), but I would just like to add
something in defense of Ada.

Studies have found that Ada reduces both bugs and long-term
development costs by something like a factor of two compared to C.

This _might_ (or not - there are too many variables to get any scientific certitudes here) be true. But that was not the point. See my other posts here for more about it.