Hello,

I was wondering if there is a simple way to modify IDLE, adding or replacing menus? I haven't dug into the source code yet, but was wondering if anyone else has done something like this. I have a couple of projects that require users to write python code (or very similar to python code) which is then run either in a completely different interpreter, or pre-processed and run. Right now, I just make those programs load files, but it would be nice if somehow a version of IDLE could pass the current buffer to my program instead of the built-in interpreter. Is mucking around with the IDLE code something easy, or a bit of a challenge?

thanks,

                Brian Blais

--
Brian Blais