I just discovered the csv module here in the comp.lang.python
group.

It certainly makes life easier.

I have found its manual, which is publicly available, but
since I am still a newby, learning techniques, I was wondering
if the source code for this module is available.

Is it possible to have a look at it?

Yep...the source csv.py is likely already on your computer:

  >>> import csv
  >>> csv.__file__
  '/usr/lib/python2.5/csv.pyc'
  tch...@asgix2:~$ ls /usr/lib/python2.5/csv.*
  /usr/lib/python2.5/csv.py  /usr/lib/python2.5/csv.pyc

Same idea in Windows:

  >>> import csv
  >>> csv.__file__
  'C:\\Program Files\\Python24\\lib\\csv.pyc'
  c:\> dir "\Program Files\Python24\lib\csv.*"

Just about all the modules in the standard library have python source in this same directory, so you can spelunk within.

-tkc