Sara Khalatbari wrote:
Hi!

Suppose you're writing a module & writing the
definition of each function in that module in " or
""".
for example:
a) "This function does this & that"
or:
b)  """This function does blah blah blah"""

What are the differences between " and """ ? I'm using gedit & I wanna know a bit about coding
style.

To be very honest: I have a very strict boss who looks
for bugs in my codes & he insists to know exactly
which 'CODING STYLE AUTHORITATIVE SOURCE' I've based
my coding style on when using " or """.

Can anybody out there give me some hint?
Can anybody tell me where to find a document on python
coding style.

Triple quotes allow you to have quotes inside the string. I tend to use triple quotes if I'm writing text of any length, that way I dont need to change anything if I do need to insert a quote. I dont think its a matter of coding style, its purely a practical issue. If your PHB insists on consistency, I would just use """

Will McGugan

--
http://www.willmcgugan.com
"".join( [ {'*':'@','^':'.'}.get(c,None) or chr(97+(ord(c)-84)%26) for c in "jvyy*jvyyzpthtna^pbz" ] )