Ben <bnsili...@gmail.com> wrote:
>  In My S-Lag Project called, SLAG, I have some function keys that get
>  mapped back to S-lang internal functions.
>
>  My SLAG project works pretty much like Python (as does the S-Lang).
>  You write a S-lang script
>  that "imports" your extension. module - and all this gets run by the
>  shell/interpreter.
>
>  I allow function keys to be mapped back internal function(s) inside of
>  the controlling program.
>
>  My question is which Python C api Do I need to this with ?

Do you mean like this?

  http://code.google.com/p/python-slang

Not sure how well maintained it is though.

> Do I need to worry about my reference counting since the Python
> Program is in essence calling a function in itself?

I'm not sure I understand you here, but in general you don't need to
worry about reference counting in Python - it all happens behind the
scenes.  If you are writing a python extension in C then you do need
to worry about reference counting - a lot!

--
Nick Craig-Wood <n...@craig-wood.com> -- http://www.craig-wood.com/nick