Scott David Daniels wrote:
Lie Ryan wrote:
Fencer wrote:
The literal translation of that would be:
if n is not None and n != []:
    b = True
else:
    b = False
it is a bit verbose, so one might want to find something shorter
b = True if n is not None and n != [] else False
I always feel if and in-line if to be easier and more readable than short-circuited operations.

How about:
   b = None is not n != []

It is amazing to think about how rarely we consider is / is not as
a comparison operator.  Also, and more reasonably, we often don't
consider "chaining" comparisons that are intransitive.

The fact that chaining operator is possible doesn't mean it must be used. The only place I would use chained operator is for comparing ranges of integer: 5 < x < 10, other than that, its use often reduce readability.