Steve Holden wrote:
Jean-Paul Calderone wrote:
On Mon, 23 Mar 2009 10:57:54 -0500, Jim Garrison <j...@acm.org> wrote:
Benjamin Peterson wrote:
Terry Reedy <tjreedy <at> udel.edu> writes:
3.1a1 is out and I believe it has the io improvements.
Massive ones, too. It'd be interesting to see your results on the alpha.
On 3.1a1 the unpickle step takes 2.4 seconds, an 1875% improvement.
Surely you mean a 94.7% improvement?

Well, since it's now running almost twenty times faster, the speed has
increased by 1875%. Not sure what the mathematics of improvement are ...

regards
 Steve
The arithmetic depends on whether you're looking at time or
velocity, which are inverses of each other.

If you double your velocity (100% increase) the time required goes
down by 50%.  A 1000% increase in velocity results in a 90% decrease
in time... etc.  I guess I equate "performance" to velocity.