Tim Wintle wrote:
> On Fri, 2009-04-03 at 14:58 -0600, Michael Torrie wrote:
>> Oh wow.  If this is what Twitter does to one's ability to articulate
>> clearly, I hope Twitter dies a horrible death and any APIs and Python
>> bindings with it!
>
> Thank you, thank you, thank you ....
>
> everyone around me seems to love that thing (twitter), and I still can't
> work out why (apart from hacks such as using it as a hosted queue for
> cross-server comms, or receiving cheap sms to your app)

Yeah.  Of course I always thought that IRC was a good fit for this
purpose.  Virus writers seem to think so.  I wonder how Twitter would
deal with viruses and worms using Twitter and a command and control
communications mechanism.

People who love Twitter are also people who SMS a lot it seems.  Twitter
probably is a natural evolution of SMS, melding the IRC idea with
ridiculously short, hard-to-read, cryptic, lol-speak, messages.  I think
the Japanese just might be on to something as no one over there uses
SMS.  It's all e-mail to them.  Granted the scourge of abbreviated words
and lol-speak is just as bad there.   Sigh.