En Sat, 04 Apr 2009 14:11:12 -0300, gert <gert.cuyk...@gmail.com> escribió:

On Apr 4, 5:20 pm, Kushal Kumaran <kushal.kuma...@gmail.com> wrote:
On Fri, 03 Apr 2009 22:10:36 +0200
Christian Heimes <li...@cheimes.de> wrote:
> gert wrote:

> > I do understand, and I went looking into pySerial, but it is a long
> > way from getting compatible with python3.x and involves other libs
> > that are big and non pyhton3.x compatible.

> So don't use Python 3.0. Most people are still using Python 2.5 or
> 2.6.

Alternatively, you could look into the pySerial source and find out
what it does.

I think pywin32 is the way they do the things I want. Witch is not
python3 ready and way to much work around to do it clean. Using ctypes
is a option but you have to really know what you are doing and what
you are looking for.

The last pywin32 release (213) does work with Python 3.
If you can wait a few days, I'm working on a proper port of pyserial. Preliminary testing shows it's working fine on Windows. Basically, I've modified the read/write methods to use bytes instead of str, and 2to3 did the rest:

Python 3.0.1 (r301:69561, Feb 13 2009, 20:04:18) [MSC v.1500 32 bit (Intel)] on win32
p3> import serial
p3> ser = serial.Serial(2)
p3> ser.write(b"ATI7\r\n")
p3> for line in ser: print(line.rstrip().decode("ascii","replace"))
ATI7

Configuration Profile...

Product type           US/Canada Internal
Options                V32bis,V.FC,V.34+
Fax Options            Class 1/Class 2.0
Clock Freq             92.0Mhz
Line Options           Caller ID,Distinctive Ring
Voice Options          Speakerphone,TAD
Eprom                  256k
Ram                    64k

EPROM date             5/13/96