On May 25, 12:07 am, John Machin <sjmac...@lexicon.net> wrote:

> "switching" scarcely seems to be the right description. You appear to
> be running the same code from one repository simultaneously available
> to two different platforms.
>
> Try this: Instead of running your code straight from your repository,
> set up a run-time "launch pad" in an appropriate place for each
> platform. When there is a new release of your app, install it in each
> launchpad.

For releases, that's a good enough idea. But while developing and
wanting to run units tests, it's sort of a big overhead. Especially
since I tend to run the unit test quite frequently.

> I'm a bit lost here ... your clearcase repository uses a mysterious
> "some sort of network file system" to which you have access
> permissions which allow you to delete individualfiles??

Apparently I don't explain things well. :)
Others have explained it better in this thread or you can have a look
at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rational_ClearCase.