Peter Otten wrote:
Tuomas Vesterinen wrote:

I am developing a Python application as a Python2.x and Python3.0
version. A common code base would make the work easier. So I thought to
try a preprosessor. GNU cpp handles this kind of code correct:

Any other suggestions?

http://docs.python.org/dev/3.1/library/2to3.html

I am intensively using 2to3.py. So I have 2 codebase: one in py2 and the other in py3. When changing the code I have to do things to 2 separate codebase in the repository. There are no patch2to3 or patch3to2, So I thought that for ensuring the common functionality of both version it would be nice to bring both versions into a common codebase. So I can update only one code and automate builds and tests for both versions.

Tuomas Vesterinen