On Sun, 28 Jun 2009 23:13:34 +0100, Martin v. Löwis <mar...@v.loewis.de> wrote:

On behalf of the Python development team, I'm thrilled to announce the
first production release of Python 3.1.

Why is everyone always thrilled to announce things?

I cannot talk about everyone, but in the specific case, I suppose
Benjamin was thrilled because it was his first release of a large
open source software package. Knowing that you have worked so long
on a single project, to see the project then finally completed,
is exciting - just try it out for yourself.

There was a smiley at the end of that paragraph, Martin!