Hi all,

I'm trying to automate the use of multiprocessing when it is available. The setting I have is quite simple, with a for loop where the operations inside are independent of each other. Here's a bit of code. function_inputs is a list of dictionaries, each of which match the signature of function_handle.

    if multiprocessing_present:
        # Passing keyword arguments to map still doesn't work
        cpus = multiprocessing.Pool()
        function_outputs = cpus.map(function_handle, function_inputs)
    else:
        function_outputs = []
        for kwargs in function_inputs:
            cur_out = function_handle(**kwargs)
            function_outputs.append(cur_out)

Am I missing something here? I cannot seem to get map to pass on keyword
arguments.

Thanks in advance,
Cheng Soon