En Fri, 17 Jul 2009 15:51:11 -0300, Stephen M. Olds <smo...@comcast.net> escribió:

I have a Python script getData.py that uses Mechanize, and runs fine under the interpreter. It was installed using easy_install - and the install seemed to
indicate it was completed.

The problem is, when I try to compile it using py2exe while in the folder of the
script, and using the run line command:

python getData.py py2exe

I get the warning: "Import error: No Module named mechanize"...

I checked the environmental path and find the following:
%SystemRoot%\system32;%SystemRoot%;%SystemRoot%\System32\Wbem;C:\Program Files (x86)\Python;C:\Python25\Lib\site-packages;C:\Program
Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\AGL

The system PATH is irrelevant here - it's only used by Windows to locate the Python executable. I don't see a reason to list C:\Python25\Lib\site-packages here. You're mostly interested in sys.path instead (that is, the 'path' attribute in the 'sys' Python module)

I did a search for mechanize and find an egg file in C:\Python25\Lib\site-packages
named mechanize-0.1.7b-py2.5.

Not really understanding the "egg" thing, what do I have here that needs to be
done?

I'm not an egg expert either, and I try to avoid them as a plague. But I *think* you can delete the .egg and re-install it using easy_install with the -Z option.

--
Gabriel Genellina