ray wrote:
I am working on a Trac installation.  I am new to Python.  To install
packages, it is suggested to use setuptools.  I have not understood
the directions.

I execute ez_install.py.

Then I attempt to execute easy_install.py setuptools-0.6c9-py2.6.egg.
There response that setuptools is already the active version in easy-
install.pth.  Then:
Installing easy_install.exe script to C:\Python26\Scripts error:  C:
\Python26\Scripts\Easy_install.exe: Permission denied.

   "Easy Install" usually isn't "easy".  If it works, it's great.
Most of the time, it doesn't.  It's not very good at finding all the
files it needs to update.  Hence problems like the above.

                                John Nagle