On 8/3/2009 3:45 AM, Diez B. Roggisch wrote:
Marcus Wanner schrieb:
On 8/2/2009 10:43 AM, Christian Heimes wrote:
Marcus Wanner wrote:
I believe that python is buffer overflow proof. In fact, I think that even ctypes is overflow proof...

No, ctypes isn't buffer overflow proof. ctypes can break and crash a Python interpreter easily.

Christian

I see. I thought that it said "invalid array index" when you try to read/write outside of an array's bounds, though...

But you can cast the resulting pointer to an array of larger size, and there you are.

Diez
Ah, that makes sense. I had forgotten about ctypes.cast().

Marcus