I have a list of nodes, and I need to find a path from one node to
another. The nodes each have a list of nodes they are connected to,
set up like this:

class Node(object):
        def __init__(self, connectedNodes):
                self.connectedNodes = connectedNodes

nodes = {
        1: Node([4]),
        2: Node([3]),
        3: Node([2, 4, 5]),
        4: Node([1, 6, 3]),
        5: Node([3, 7]),
        6: Node([4, 9]),
        7: Node([5, 8]),
        8: Node([7, 9]),
        9: Node([6, 8])
}

I made a quick brute-force pathfinder to solve it (in this case, a
path from node 1 to node 9). Here it is:

class PathFind(object):
        def __init__(self, source, destination):
                self.source = source
                self.destination = destination
                self.solved = []
        def Search(self):
                self.PathFind([self.source])
                if self.solved:
                        print "Solutions: "
                        for i in self.solved:
                                print "\t" + str(i)
                else:
                        print "Couldn't solve."
        def PathFind(self, trail):
                location = trail[-1]
                if location == self.destination:
                        self.solved.append(trail)
                        print "Solution found: " + str(trail)
                else:
                        possibilities = []
                        for i in nodes[location].connectedNodes:
                                if not i in trail: possibilities.append(i)
                        for i in possibilities:
                                trail.append(i)
                                self.PathFind(trail[:])
                        if not possibilities:
                                print "Dead end: " + str(trail)

finder = PathFind(1, 9)
finder.Search()

Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to be giving me the result I was after.
This is the output:

Solution found: [1, 4, 6, 9]
Dead end: [1, 4, 6, 3, 2]
Solution found: [1, 4, 6, 3, 2, 5, 7, 8, 9]
Solutions:
        [1, 4, 6, 9]
        [1, 4, 6, 3, 2, 5, 7, 8, 9]

The problem is the array trail[], which seems to survive from instance
to instance of PathFind(). I thought that by calling self.PathFind
(trail[:]), I was creating a new copy of trail[], but obviously
something isn't running like I expected. Is there something I'm
misunderstanding here, or is there just a stupid bug in my code I
haven't caught?