On 2009-08-27 01:49 AM, RunThePun wrote:

Anybody have any more ideas? I think python should/could havev a
syntax for overriding this behaviour, i mean, obviously the complexity
of supporting all operators with the getitem syntax could introduce
alot of clutter. But maybe there's an elegant solution out there...

I would recommend just adding a method to MyDict that does exactly what you
want.

--
Robert Kern

 an underlying truth."