Kee Nethery wrote:
I am in 2.x because the IDE I am using does not support stepping through my code when in 3.x. As soon as the IDE I use supports debugging in 3.x, I'm moving up to 3.x.

I would prefer to be in 3.x because all the inconsistencies of how you do things in 2.x make it harder than it needs to be to learn the language.

   So would I.  But the infrastructure isn't there yet.  Realistically,
2.5 is the "production stable" version of CPython.  Almost all important
modules work with CPython 2.5.  Some work with 2.6.  3.x support remains
spotty.  Give it a year.  Or two.

   I've tried using 3.1, but had to back down.

                                        John Nagle