MRAB wrote:
Esben von Buchwald wrote:
Hello

Are there any simple ways to collect the data, python prints to the console when running an app?

I'm doing som apps for S60 mobile phones and can't see the console, when the UI is running, but i'd like to collect the output, to look for eventual exceptions etc.

Cant it be redirected to a log file, just like when runing a script in unix, where you say $ ./script.pl > logfile.txt ?

Does the S60 support a command line like *nix and Windows?

An alternative from within the script is:

    import sys

    sys.stdout = open(log_path, "w")

You might also want to capture stderr:

    import sys

    log_file = open(log_path, "w")
    sys.stdout = log_file
    sys.stderr = log_file

Thanks a lot - it works fine :)

I've made this class which works perfectly

class Consolefile:
    def __init__(self):
        self.file=None
        self.status='init'
    def start(self):
        self.filename="%s\\%s_console.log"%(cfg.logdir,FILEID)
        print self.filename
        self.oldstderr=sys.stderr
        self.oldstdout=sys.stdout
        self.file=open(self.filename,'w')
        print >> self.file, '#Logging STDERR and STDOUT to this file'
        sys.stderr=self.file
        sys.stdout=self.file
        self.status='started'
    def stop(self):
        print >> self.file, '#Console logging stopped'
        sys.stderr=self.oldstderr
        sys.stdout=self.oldstdout
        self.file.close()
        self.status='stopped'