En Sun, 11 Oct 2009 14:50:31 -0300, Stef Mientki <stef.mien...@gmail.com> escribió:

I do agree that circular references should preferable be avoided.

In languages like Delphi, you get an error message, trying to use circular references, but solving them in large programs with a lot of history can be very painful.

Now I finally (after 2 years) knowing there's a difference between modules and scripts,
I want to guarantee that I always get the same functional behavior.

In Delphi terms, you have units (.pas) and programs (.dpr). You can't add a .dpr to the Uses clause of an unit. In case you have some code in a .dpr that you want to use somewhere else, you move it into a new unit and Use it from both places.

Translated to Python terms: you have modules and scripts. You shouldn't import a script from a module. In case you have some code in a script that you want to use somewhere else, move it into a new module and import it from both places.

Note the change between "can't" and "shouldn't". Delphi just won't let you import the main program from another place; Python does, with strange effects, but you should not do that. You can avoid the temptation by naming your scripts with another extension (or no extension at all).

I found 2 solutions to realize the above.
[...]

Too much hassle and magic for what should be a non-issue.

--
Gabriel Genellina