On behalf of the Python community, I'm happy to announce the availability of Python 2.6.4. This is the latest production-ready version in the Python 2.6 series.

We had a little trouble with the Python 2.6.3 release; a number of unfortunate regressions were introduced. I take responsibility for rushing it out, but the good news is that Python 2.6.4 fixes the known regressions in 2.6.3. We've had a lengthy release candidate cycle this time, and are confident that 2.6.4 is a solid release. We highly recommend you upgrade to Python 2.6.4.

Please see the NEWS file for all the gory details.

    http://www.python.org/download/releases/2.6.4/NEWS.txt

Source tarballs and the Windows installers can be downloaded from the Python 2.6.4 page. The Mac OS X disk image will be uploaded soon.

   http://www.python.org/download/releases/2.6.4/

For more information on Python 2.6 in general, please see

   http://docs.python.org/whatsnew/2.6.html

Please report bugs for any Python version in the Python tracker.

   http://bugs.python.org

Enjoy,
-Barry

Barry Warsaw
ba...@python.org
Python 2.6 Release Manager
(on behalf of the entire python-dev team)