Anyway, for simple web programming, frameworks are not worth the
    hassle.  Just use the cgi module.

I can vouch for what Paul says. I started in Python 3 years ago, and I did so with a web application (still working on it!). I'm using the cgi approach, and it certainly teaches you the concepts. I fail to see how starting with a framework is a good idea if you don't know how the frameworks work (or what they're actually doing). It would be a bit like doing a web page in Dreamw***er and thinking you understand HTML/CSS.

Hi Brendon, thanks for the advice. Looks like I'll have to go the cgi route myself if I want to stick with with Python3.

Regards,
Alan