On Oct 28, 7:52 am, "Alf P. Steinbach" <al...@start.no> wrote:
[snip]
> But since I don't know much Python -- I'm *learning* Python as I write -- I
> know
> that there's a significant chance of communicating misconceptions,
> non-idiomatic
> ways to do things, bad conventions, etc., in addition to of course plain
> errors
> of fact and understanding in general, to which I'm not yet immune...
>
> So I would would be very happy for feedback.

OK, I'll start the flame war then: I can see the purpose of section
1.5, but from the end of the 3rd paragraph, you seem to go into
religious matters rather than actual facts, which seems to me a bit
out of place in a book only supposed to teach programming. Basically
saying that any "serious" program has to be written in a statically
typed language and that such a language kind of automatically makes
the development faster and the quality higher is just not true from my
experience, and from the experience of many people on this group, I
guess. IMNSHO, the 4th paragraph of section 1.5 in its current form is
highly subjective and should be completely rewritten, if not simply
removed.

Sorry if that sounds rough: I've seen this written too many times
(usually without any argumentation, BTW) and it has a tendency to make
me a little upset.