Garito wrote:
Hi!
I'm trying to use exec in a recursive way but I have a problem

When I read the manual I understand that the globals and the locals are
passed by reference but if I try to use it in a recursive way the new values
added in a step are not passed to the next one

Could someone point me how to do that?

Thanks

see

Post some sample code, and show what doesn't work;  maybe you'll get some help
that way.

I'll point out just one thing:  you cannot add new local variables at runtime.
locals() should be used to inspect, not to modify.

See the help text:
"The contents of this dictionary should not be modified; changes may not affect the values of local variables used by the interpreter"

I have no idea if exec() can be safely called recursively.  Most people
successfully avoid calling it at all.

DaveA