On 29/10/2009 11:06 AM, Alf P. Steinbach wrote:

So I suggest switching to some other more light-weight installer
technology.

Thanks for the suggestion, but I expect we will stick with MSI even with its shortcomings. Using MSI files has significant other advantages, particularly in "managed" environments.

(2) Failure to set up PATH.

This is by design. If you really care passionately about this, you should be able to find a number of discussions here, in python-dev and in the python bug tracker.

One example of why the current behaviour is useful is that many people install multiple Python versions side-by-side and a "last installed wins" strategy isn't a great option.

Even after setting up a correct PATH Tkinter does not work:

I suspect this will be a Python 3.x issue - you probably want to stick with 2.x.

HTH,

Mark