On Oct 31, 11:31 am, "Alf P. Steinbach" <al...@start.no> wrote:
> * sk:
>
> > [title "Why do you use python?]
> > What would be your answer if this question is asked to you in an
> > interview?
>
> > a modified version might be:
> > "Where would you use python over C/C++/Java?"
>
> > (because my resume says I know C/C++/Java)?
>
> The C++ FAQ addresses this question here:
> <url:http://www.parashift.com/c++-faq-lite/big-picture.html#faq-6.5>
>
> Cheers & hth.,
>
> - Alf

Mphfffff

Even I have some agreement that the choice of a language it's more a
business-driven issue I REALLY don't like that the techie weenie
shouldn't be heard. Talks a guy that programmed a GUI on Motif using C
(plain old C) in 2003 and takes almost forever (one year and a half),
instead of using any other graphical toolkit because "we can't afford
to expend time on learning new languages"...
I think time to development (usually related to "mystical" bugs well
hidden in layers and layers of code) it's an important thing to take
into account.