On Jan 6, 2010, at 12:45 AM, Brian J Mingus wrote:

On Tue, Jan 5, 2010 at 9:36 PM, Philip Semanchuk <phi...@semanchuk.com>wrote:

On Jan 5, 2010, at 11:26 PM, aditya shukla wrote:

Hello people,

I have 5 directories corresponding 5 different urls .I want to download images from those urls and place them in the respective directories.I have to extract the contents and download them simultaneously.I can extract the
contents and do then one by one. My questions is for doing it
simultaneously
do I have to use threads?

No. You could spawn 5 copies of wget (or curl or a Python program that you've written). Whether or not that will perform better or be easier to code, debug and maintain depends on the other aspects of your program(s).

bye
Philip

Obviously, spawning 5 copies of wget is equivalent to starting 5 threads.
The answer is 'yes'.

???

Process != thread