On 1/24/2010 2:26 PM, Steve Howell wrote:

I think it's a good idea to write a PEP on this issue, and I will
attempt a first draft.  I think I should submit the first draft to
python-ideas, correct?

That is not a *requirement* for drafts in general, but it is a good idea for a community or community-person generated proposal, such as this one.

I expect the PEP to be at least initially, if not permanently,
rejected,

Guido sometimes rejects 'no-chance' proposals without waiting to be asked, but he usually waits until the PEP author feels the issue is ripe and asks for a pronouncement.

tjr