On 07:03 pm, no.em...@nospam.invalid wrote:
a...@pythoncraft.com (Aahz) writes:
From my POV, your question would be precisely identical if you had
started your project when Python 2.3 was just released and wanted to
know if the libraries you selected would be available for Python 2.6.

I didn't realize 2.6 broke libraries that had worked in 2.3, at least on
any scale.  Did I miss something?

Lots of tiny things change. Any of these can break a library. With the 3 releases between 2.3 and 2.6, there are lots of opportunities for these changes. I don't know what you mean by "any scale", but I know that I've seen lots of things break on 2.6 that worked on 2.3, 2.4, or 2.5.

Jean-Paul