SiWi wrote:
On Feb 19, 5:10 pm, "D'Arcy J.M. Cain" <da...@druid.net> wrote:
On Fri, 19 Feb 2010 07:52:59 -0800 (PST)

SiWi <wimmersi...@googlemail.com> wrote:
So I wondered if it was possible to send the Python code I'm
developing on the netbook to the workstation pc via wlan, let the
script execute on the workstation pc and write the output back on the
netbook.
Is there any possibilty to achieve that goal?
Yes but it isn't really a Python question.  I suggest Google but you
haven't given us enough information, particularly what OSs you are
running.  If it was me I would simply use the netbook as a thin client
for programs that I am writing and running on the main server.  In my
case a simple xterm would do the job since vi is my IDE and bash is my
runtime environment.  If you are using a GUI IDE you may be able to run
the GUI app on the server with the display on the netbook.

--
D'Arcy J.M. Cain <da...@druid.net>         |  Democracy is three
wolveshttp://www.druid.net/darcy/               |  and a sheep voting on

I'm normally using IDLE and sometimes PyScripter on Windows Vista. The
netbook is Windows XP. Should I switch to Vim or Emacs?

In that case, consider using RemoveDesktop, which is built into both Xp and Vista.

DaveA