Given some known data/crc pairs, how feasible is it to
figure out the polynomial being used to generate the crc?

In the case I'm looking at, it appears that the crc
size may be at least 24 bits, so just trying all possible
polynomials probably isn't doable.

An article I found hints at the possibility of using
GCDs to make the search more efficient, but doesn't go
into any details. Anyone know of any literature about
this?

If it helps, I have the ability to generate test cases
with known message contents to some extent, although
I don't have complete control over the contents. Also
it's a manual process, so generating large numbers of
them automatically isn't an option.

--
Greg