I wrote a program in Python 2.5 under Win7 and it runs fine using Numpy 1.2 , but not on a colleague's machine who has a slightly newer 2.5 and uses NumPy 1.4. We both use IDLE to execute the program. During import he gets this:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Administrator.DavesDesktop\My Documents\Astro\Meteors\NC-FireballReport.py", line 38, in <module>
    from scipy import stats as stats # scoreatpercentile
File "C:\Python25\lib\site-packages\scipy\stats\__init__.py", line 7, in <module>
    from stats import *
File "C:\Python25\lib\site-packages\scipy\stats\stats.py", line 191, in <module>
    import scipy.special as special
File "C:\Python25\lib\site-packages\scipy\special\__init__.py", line 22, in <module>
    from numpy.testing import NumpyTest
ImportError: cannot import name NumpyTest

Comments?

It looks as though the problem is in NumPy 1.4. If it's either in NumPy or SciPy, how does my colleague back out to an earlier version to agree with mine? Does he just pull down 1.3 or better 1.2 (I use it.), and install it? How does he somehow remove 1.4? Is it as easy as going to IDLE's path browser and removing, under site-packages, numpy? (I'm not sure that's even possible. I don't see a right-click menu.)