Wayne wrote:
My town office uses Microsoft operating system. They have a proprietary
accounting system that uses excel for their accounting reports.
I would like to read these report and reproduce the report so that
the report can be seen on the web. I was thinking about using xlrd and
xlwt along with some sort of software for building the web pages. I
use linux only and do not use Microsoft.
Q. Does python have to be installed on there computer to run the script?

If you can copy the spreadsheet files to your machine then you can run the
script on your machine.

Q. Am I approaching this the wrong way? If so, what would be a better
approach?