On May 21, 8:45 pm, a...@pythoncraft.com (Aahz) wrote:
> In article
> <eb0c9aec-428f-45a2-a985-5b33906e0...@z17g2000vbd.googlegroups.com>,
> Patrick Maupin  <pmau...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >There are a lot of commercial programs written in Python.  But any
> >company which thinks it has a lock on some kind of super secret sauce
> >isn't going to use Python, because it's very easy to reverse engineer
> >even compiled Python programs.
>
> That's not always true.  Both my employer (Egnyte) and one of our main
> competitors (Dropbox) use Python in our clients.  We don't care much
> because using our servers is a requirement of the client.

Absolutely.  I wrote my post after the OP's second post, and from that
short, derisive tome, I inferred that the OP's definition of
"commercial" was quite narrow, so I was trying to respond on the basis
of what he would consider "commercial," which BTW, probably wouldn't
include a lot of programs that, e.g. Google uses to make money.

Regards,
Pat